Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Fluffing Nursery Fees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:39 am

Does anyone else think that nursery fees are ridiculously expensive??

Ok I know they need to make a living etc, but what is really p*ssing me off now is that you have to pay even when they are too ill to go. So now I have a spotty Lottie and I cant take her there until all her spots have crusted over and that could take a week or 2!!

I get 12 hours free a week for Lottie becasue she is 3 (they both go for 20 hours a week), but I only get this term time so I dont get it for the Xmas Hols, but as Xmas Day and Boxing Day are both on a weekend the bank hols are on Monday and Tuesday and the nursery is closed. So for that week I have to pay nearly double fees for the privelidge of NOT being able to even take her to nursery,!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

I wouldn't be taking them anyway - but that's not the point!! LOL

Sorry rant over

xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 am

Yep HATE HATE the amount they charge!

We were paying £40 a day, she only went on Fridays

Same as you - if they are ill you have to pay still - fair enough

What really pissed me off was they also charged for bank holidays when you couldn't take them cos THEY were closed!

So last December 2 Fridays were bank holiday - I paid £80 in that month for nothing Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:45 am

yep we pay bank holidays and they ask us to have her off at least 3 weeks a year for a break. I get 4 weeks holiday so she would be off with me anyway but for them to expect you to have her off 3 weeks and still have to pay is a joke really
x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:46 am

stephandhannah wrote:
yep we pay bank holidays and they ask us to have her off at least 3 weeks a year for a break. I get 4 weeks holiday so she would be off with me anyway but for them to expect you to have her off 3 weeks and still have to pay is a joke really
x

the cheeky buggers!!! why should you?

Ours never asked that - I'd have something not nice to say if they did!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:48 am

I can see their point. But I can imagine theres a nicer way to say it? perhaps even talk about what holidays I get and if she will be off with me or something.

some parents might need to have their kids in nursery all the time if they own their own business and dont get enough holidays so it is cheeky.

roll on when she turns 3 and I get some free days
x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 am

Harry only goes one day a week cos thats all we can afford at the mo!! And even thats something like 150 quid a month!! Ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 am

How can they ask you to pay when they expect you to have her off, thats incredibly cheeky! I can see thepoint for illness because thy ar still keeping their place open but if the nurseries closed why should you pay?
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:52 am

bloody hell steph that shite!

we changed alices day from monday because they closed but we still had to pay!

and when she first started sh was ill all the time so missed loads too!
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:32 am

I have to say ladies, it doesn't get much better for us nursery nurses either, we close on the 22nd December until the 4th January and we have to use our annual holiday to cover the days off in between Christmas and new year and we couldn't even go to work if we wanted too XX
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:09 am

I really wanted to send Caitlin to nursery one morning a week to get her mixing with other kids but it was going to be £25 which I just couldnt justify when im not working. (I also wanted to get her foot in the door because its such a hard nursery to get a place in & I intend to get back to work in the nearish future).

Thats poo for you to Siobhan, my mum works for council and has to use a few days leave for xmas to, although she can build up flexi which is a bonus. The thing with nursery fees I dont get either is the staff arent even paid well. Most of the money must go on insurance and rent etc.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 pm

god that is expensive !

I guess childcare is one thing that's cheaper in Cyprus then.

I pay 15 euro for Tyler per morning session (between 7.30 and 2) and I can do "pay as you go" so I just pay for the time he's there. They also do an hourly rate so if he waso nyl there 2 horus I can just pay 5 euro instead of 15. its 20 for the whole day and if your there are all week they do a reduced rate so it's about 80 for the whole week If tehy're ill then you just don't get the reduced rate you pay for the individual days.

Only time you pay for them being ill is if they are there full time monthly but even that is only 340 euro Shocked
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 pm

ive booked alfie a nursery place for Jan too. Its £33 a day but £2.50 a day for food! they do a month in advance payment so if i know im gonna be on holiday then wont pay for that session.

x
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:18 am

snoopy21 wrote:
I really wanted to send Caitlin to nursery one morning a week to get her mixing with other kids but it was going to be £25 which I just couldnt justify when im not working. (I also wanted to get her foot in the door because its such a hard nursery to get a place in & I intend to get back to work in the nearish future).

Thats poo for you to Siobhan, my mum works for council and has to use a few days leave for xmas to, although she can build up flexi which is a bonus. The thing with nursery fees I dont get either is the staff arent even paid well. Most of the money must go on insurance and rent etc.

Oh definately, I had to go to college for 2 years full time to get my Level 3 in Childcare and Education and Lidl pay more for you to work on checkouts!! Pfffftttt!!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:26 am

I think it's disgusting that nursery nurses get paid so little when they are looking after hte most important things in peoples lives! How can they justify the fees being so high when they are paid so little
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 am

hmmmm i wont even say how much i pay a day for Rowan, your mouth will drop and your tongue will roll.

His nursery are closed for the 2 weeks over xmas and new year which we dont have to pay for. if our nursery is closed we dont have to pay. but if rowan is off then we'll have to pay.

But i am very very very happy with Rowan's nursery he has come on leaps and bounds since going there and he loves it there.
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:47 am

Go on the Kell...shock us

xx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:32 am

£63.00 per day plus £4.50 a day for early start so in all £67.50 a day
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:38 am

Yours is stupidly expensive!

I know you is darn sarf and we is oop norf but it shouldnt be that much more!
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am

I know I have bugger all wages left which goes on rent some bills and my train fare a month. Then that's it nothing left. We would change as there are some cheaper around 50 a day I think but he's so happy there
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 pm

and I bet you get bugger all back from the ctc/wtc? was only saying tonight that the government said 9/10 families got some amount of childcare back - but I know very few who get any help!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Wow thats really expensive Shocked
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:19 pm

a whole £13 OH's wages have gone up and i got a raise too (only £19 a month)
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 8:15 am

Wil isn't in nursery he has a full time childminder who charges me £170 a week for 7.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday. After Xmas I will start paying her £2.50 a day extra for his food because he eats so much but for that he gets 3 meals a day and loads of snacks.

We get 2 weeks a year we can take as holiday at 1/2 pay and she gets 2 weeks at 1/2 for her holidays. We pay in full for bank holidays unless we book it as one of our 1/2 pay days.
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 am

kacey goes to playgroup 5 days a week 9.30-12.30 and we pay £42.50, thats £170 a month! x
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Seb's nursery is a bit over 50 quid a day for 10 hours, food and nappies included. (We're in Hertfordshire.) We have to pay for bank holidays, but I guess they have to pay permanent staff for those. Obviously we have to pay for our holidays and Seb's illness too but there's no expectation to take a certain number of days off for holiday - this year he's used up my normal annual leave allocation in sick days (I had a surplus left over from mat leave so it hasn't actually been a problem).

I can't remember what their Xmas shutdown is (OH being a teacher it wasn't a major concern when choosing) but it isn't more than a week. They do their training in the evenings, unlike another local nursery which shuts on 3 random days of the year for training.

The staff can't be well paid as we were asking for phone nos for potential babysitters for when I go into labour, and none of them has their own car. Having said that, they weren't rushing to provide their phone numbers either - I thought the younger ones without their own kids would be jumping at the chance to earn some cash before Christmas.

I did work out that it is only about 5 quid an hour per child, and there is a ratio of something like 1:3, so it didn't actually seem that expensive when you consider that they have the overheads of training, bank staff to cover holidays/sickness, a member of staff in the office at all times and staff in the kitchen. Plus cleaning, heating, insurance, toys and art supplies. And seemingly unlimited food, Seb's record is 4 portions of dinner!

The real rip-off is 9.50 for 6-6:30pm booked in advance - so nearly 4 times the normal hourly rate! I don't know anyone who books that regularly.

We don't get the childcare bit of WTC as we both buy childcare vouchers through tax-efficient schemes run by our employers - you can't do both; which is better depends on how much you earn. It saves us about 100 quid a month.

Ros
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Fluffing Nursery Fees _
PostSubject: Re: Fluffing Nursery Fees   Fluffing Nursery Fees Empty

Back to top Go down

Fluffing Nursery Fees

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Fluffing Nursery Fees Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words