Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

doctors receptionists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 pm

why do they have to be so rude? i know they probably get a lot of grief but i phoned this morning to get an appointment for today and before i even explained she said really stroppy" i cant give you anything until thursday". So i explained i have a 10month old, with an ear infection, eye infection and now possible chest infection, plus the doctor i saw last week said if i noticed anything with her ear i had to phone up and i would be given an emergency appointment.

she still wouldnt do anything so got the duty doctor to call me back and guess what got an appointment straightaway for this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I hate stroppy receptionists. It's so unnecessary. I'm quite lucky all the receptionists are really lovely at my drs, but my last drs they were awful.
Hope Ava gets better soon, poor little girl. xx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:20 pm

I find some doctors surgery policies rather confusing! And the people that work there are always a pain!
If we want an emergency appointment we tell them, they cant decide for you! Bl00dy moo!!

Hope Ava is ok x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 pm

i think its on the job application at my doctors to be a receptionist you have to have something stuck up your bum!
they are so snobby and mardy and unpleasant!
x
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 pm

i know they are so snotty, would it just not have been easier to give you the appointment in the first place

how is ava today?? x Smile
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Yeh at my docs they are like that too, so rude! x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Ive luckily never had a problem soon as ring and he say callums age theyre like right we can get you in within couple of hours that i phone so i guess children are priority in our surgery but u do get the odd snotty stuckup women x

Hope ava gets better soon xx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Ahh they drive me round the bend. I phoned up before Christmas as I thought I had a water infection and was told they had nothing for 10 days, so I said well I need to be seen before then, im pregnant. So had to have a telephone appointment, to which they told me to come in to have my urine dipped anyways....Grrr!

On the other hand i hope Ava feels better soon xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

i do feel sorry for them in a way because they do get a lot of abuse, on the other hand though they shouldn't take it out on everyone else .

ava's ok in herself, just sleeping a lot more and has lost her body weight in snot!
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

Aww hope ava's better soon
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:16 am

I'm fortunate in that my receptionist is oh's best friends mother and she loooooves oh lol So since I had Ollie I've had an appointment the same day, she even got the doctor to do my flu jab for me in his lunch break Laughing Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 am

Grrrrrrr I hate receptionists like that!! Hope Ava is feeling better soon

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 am

That is shocking. When she was told it was for a child she should have got Ava in there and then.

Our doctors are great. As soon as I say its for Aimee or Lily they get them in right away x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 am

My docs are quite good. You have to phone in morning for an app that day if it's a baby they usually get you in for an app even if they are booked up x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:51 am

lol im a doctors receptionist but i honestly do know what u mean because a couple of the other receptionists in my work are exactly how u r describing - basically hard faced cows lol
honestly we do get a lot of shit from patients and where i work the policy is if someone requires an emergency appointment we have to ask what the emergency is we dont expect anything in detail obviously but jst things like ear inf or been sick for few days or pains here or wherever etc this is only so we can access how quickly they need to be seen and if it is something that requires doctor to deal with or if its more serious and needs to be hospital admission or ambulance, alot of patients get a bit pissed off when we ask and the attitude ive had from some is unreal but when i finally calm them down and explain why im asking they usually apologise but we do get the odd few who think they shud get emergency appointments because they forgot to order there medication which isnt an emergency cos we can arrange for the medication to be done without them being seen!!

as for when it comes to kids i put them in no matter and if there is no appointments i give them an emergency no questions asked and we are told if its a child they need to be seen but some of the receptionists will try put mums off maybe im understanding because of evan but if anyone was to phone me for an appt for there child i wud give it no problem kids shud never have to wait!! i cant believe even when u said ear inf one of the sorest things ever for an adult never mind how sore it must be for a child she didnt give u an appt thats shocking

i do hate how we all get branded with the same brush tho cos i am really nice haha and go out of my way to help most patients!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:24 am

at our docs if i call and state straight away i need an appt for my child they tend to be quite good

generally you need to know if you are going to be sick 3 weeks in advance though Sad

Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 am

Hmm gotta say I really dont like some of the receptionists at our drs (we have like a 100 of them lol) and its a shame as there are 2 really really lovely ones as well. I understand they prob get some right mardy buggers on phone but tbh they shouldnt be in a customer facing role where they are going to come across people who will be panicked/stressed etc if they cannot deal with them 'right' i dont see stropping at people/ making it akward for people, any better for their jobs as then the next time that person rings up then they are going to prob be stroppy/mardy with them as they were an A-hole last time. (hopefully that makes some sense)
I get that theres so many appointments in a day and all that jazz but when I call up and say I want an appointment for my little daughter then get the 20 questions, how old is she, whats wrong, will the nurse do? before they even consider booking an appointment really frustrating. I dont particularly enjoy taking my daughter (or son) into a germ ridden place so if im ringing for an appointment its for a v.alid reason not just cuz I fancy a day trip out, which it normally is at ours, even a 5 min 'express' appointment turns into an hour wait most times! turned into a slight moan Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:05 am

They're bloody awful at my doctors. I still haven't had my postnatal check as everytime i rang it was like - you've got to ring on Thursday after 3, so I did. Then it was you'll have to ring on a Monday at 8.30 after a while I told her to piss off! I was too embarrassed to ring again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

doctors receptionists _
PostSubject: Re: doctors receptionists   doctors receptionists Empty

Back to top Go down

doctors receptionists

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
doctors receptionists Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
doctors receptionists Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
doctors receptionists Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
doctors receptionists Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
doctors receptionists Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
doctors receptionists Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
doctors receptionists Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
doctors receptionists Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
doctors receptionists Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
doctors receptionists Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
doctors receptionists Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
doctors receptionists Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
doctors receptionists Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
doctors receptionists Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
doctors receptionists Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words