Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  _
PostSubject: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:24 am

well, first of all i would say a huuuuuuge thank you, as elijah's daily routine is loads better than before oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  635468
and secondly, i'm looking for a bit of advice about naps Laughing

elijah has been sleeping particularly badly at night, up 8-12 times, but i think this is an adjustment period as we have started some new things and he is still getting used to crawling/standing/having teeth/just been poorly, so i'm not too worried about that.

BUT (of course, a but haha) he seems to want 3 naps a day just now - what do you reckon? should i go with it and see if its temporary (i think he is growing too as he is eating LOADS - see weaning post haha).

here is his routine now:

8.30 up and cuddles

9.30 brekkie then playtime

10.30ish bf and naptime (normally half an hour to an hour)

1pm lunchtime and more play/going out time

3ish bf and naptime (normally 1 hours to 2 hours)

5.30 teatime and playtime

7pm bedtime routine (!) bath, stories etc in bedroom then bf and bed about 8pm or thereabouts as soon as eli is sleepy.

now this has been working really well, and seems to meet elijah's natural rhythm quite well - his meals take about 30-45 minutes (ahh finger food Wink) so he is quite busy most of the time.

the past few days he has been wiped out by 2pm and wants to sleep for an hour, then tired again about 4.30 and wants to sleep an hour - so is missing his afternoon nap but effectively splitting it into two because he can't last any longer...any ideas? should i leave it this way (i can't get him to sleep any longer in either nap) or should i try and stick to what we have up there ^

sorry i know this is another massive post Laughing hopefully someone will be kind enough to have a read and see what they think! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:02 am

Is he still settling well at 8pm even though he getting the hr a bit later on?

That usual daytime routine is similar to Caitlins routine now excpept she skips the morning nap and just goes down at 2/3pm ish for cpl hrs without milk.

At Elijahs age Caitlin would have still been having 2 naps a day but they def werent routined (somedays 2, others 3 and on rare occassions 1 and tended to be just when she looked tired/fell asleep in pram etc). I think Caitlin and elijah are quite similar babies as she was/is a frequent night time waker (though thankfully in recent months she just chats to herself like a loon), and I too was up until about 10-midnight for the first 5 months (I never understood how people managed to get tiny babies to bed by 7pm and do dreamfeeds - though to be fair I didnt really try to hard lol)

If he still going off to bed and staying there for 11/12 hrs at night I wouldnt worry about an extra nap. As for waking 8-12 times poor you! The only tips I have there are a familiar teddy/comfort blanket, 7 dummys in the cot for luck lol and a lullaby machine that you play before bed and then eventually they learn to turn on themselves in the night and becomes a sleep cue. (Though as he in same room as you all this will prob disturb you anyways!)
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 am

Quote :
Is he still settling well at 8pm even though he getting the hr a bit later on?
i would say so (better really, but i think that is the bedtime routine starting to work) the past two nights he's been asleep before 8pm - this is a baby that didn't go to bed before midnight/11pm until he was 8 months!

he's getting up about half 8 just now, but i don't set an alarm or anything he just wakes me up so i guess its a 'normal' amount for him (with or without being up Rolling Eyes i don't think he wakes properly most times cos he seems much more rested than me!)

we have just started pixel's recommendation - the no cry sleep solution, so we will see how that goes - it's made a difference already and specifically it's to help me put him to bed and keep him there rather than sitting all night with a baby on my boob - so the wakings are a protest against that i think haha

ho hum, i will just see how his naps go, he might just be changing his mind now that he is on his feet all day! i will just take his lead then if you don't think it sounds like too much (tbh i quite enjoy an hour sitting with him, cos he still naps on me, it's my only tv time! Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 am

alfie has about 3 naps a day. he only naps abut 40 mins at a time. he tends to sleep about 9.30/10 again at 2.30ish and then at 5. i only let him have half an hour at 5 tho and he still goes down fine at 7 and sleeps through. i say keep going as u are mari. well done for trying to sort his routine out - sounds like you are doing fabby!!! x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 am

Its hard, as every baby is different.

I used to always make sure that Aimee didnt nap after 4pm, as she would go to bed at 7pm.

It may be worth putting him to bed a little earlier, say 7.30pm, as it may also help him not waking up at night.

We had to bring Aimee's forward to 7pm as she started waking in the night and I read online that you can prevent if if you bring their sleep forward.

x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 am

I think if he sitll goes to bed at 8 and still "sleeps through" till the morning then stick with it. We found that the more we pushed Tyler into a routine the harder it became... we stuck with the bed time routine and let him guide us the rest of the day. at the moment we're on holiday and it's obviously making him sleepy, he is having 2 good naps a day sometimes sleeping till 5 but he will still go to bed fine at 7 so im just letting him guide me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*    oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Empty

Back to top Go down

oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
oh banda sleep gurus *whistle*  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words