Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What will I need for a new house?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

What will I need for a new house? _
PostSubject: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:06 am

OK, I'm getting carried away planning for our new house in England, trying to work out what we'll need! We won't be able to bring anything back from Japan so we're pretty much starting from scratch.

So it's going to be me, my OH and Milo, then from the beginning of July our new baby will be joining us!

OK, so in the kitchen we'll need white goods (depending on what the house comes with), my mum's giving us a microwave, TV and freewview box, ..we'll have some bedroom furniture, bedding, towels, and various other small bits. We'll obviously need to get a lot of stuff for the kids, a bed for Milo, a cot/moses basket for the new baby, bouncy chair, some bigger toys etc as we can't bring Milo's big toys with us Sad

Is there anything that you couldn't live without in your house or anything that is really useful? I'm trying to think if what I'm going to need, obviously we can't afford to go overboard, so just useful basics. Also, what's the best places to look for toddler beds and cots etc? Anything cheap but reliable will be fine! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 am

i really like john lewis for furniture for elijah - not that cheap (but not actually as pricey as you think) and the quality is great - plus they are the only place i have found that actually turn up when they say they will! their sheets etc are great quality too.

dont forget washing up sponges, binbags and cutlery!!! and at least one bin Smile
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:53 am

I think one trip to Ikea and you will find nearly everything on a budget (but not tacky stuff) Very Happy

They do kitchen stuff's, storage, beds, wordrobes, furniture..the list is endless.

You can browse online if you fancy Wink

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/#

Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:08 am

Aw hun if you lived closer I would bring you all of harrys old things for the new babba like bouncy chair etc I got his cotbed from an ebay shop with mattress for 100 and its great. Also charity shops and car boot sales are great for toys for milo and babba when hes bigger xx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:41 am

Deffo as Zee said if you can get to an Ikea then its genius...I love love love it. Also if your just after a cot rather than a cotbed, they do cots too.....

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00115751

and mattresses too....

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80152853

xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 am

umm kiddiecare are good for beds n what not

dont forget stuff like ironing boards n what not lol.
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:29 am

Don't forget I've got a dining table and 6 chairs here for you if you need it (I remember you said if your place was big enough you'd let me know) I've still not taken it down LOL. If you need a single bed for Milo I also have one of those you can have too (also free) (you'll need to buy a new mattress as the one that is on it at the mo is knackered, jumping kids lol lol).

If you look on Gumtree some people are selling some 2nd hand bits which will do until you are settled. Argos are reasonable for sofa's etc but I agree Ikea is good but things like beds from Ikea need an Ikea mattress and Ikea sheets as I think their sizes are different to English sizes. xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 am

Have a look on freecycle in your local are. Loads of people giving stuff away for free!! It will just get you started until you can replace with new stuff.

You can get everything from tv's, beds to cutlery etc! All you need to do is go get them. You will seriously find just about everything you need on there for free.

http://www.freecycle.org/group/uk
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 am

I am another Ikea fan Very Happy

I wouldn't bother with a toddler bed just get Milo a normal single bed that will last him years
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Mari, I've heard good things about them lately! I'll check out their website later on Very Happy

Zee, Siobhan - ooh Ikea! I've missed Ikea! I'm scared I might get stuck on the website forever though, too tempting!

happy, I'll make sure to check out Kiddiecare too!

Dilly, you're too kind! I think we'll be back middle of April and looking at getting our own place in May, so I'll keep you updated. But if you get another offer, please give it to them! I don't want to keep you waiting! blushlove

mara - oh that's a great idea, I'll have a browse through, and probably get carried away and end up with a house full of stuff Laughing

Oooh Gil, where's our closest Ikea? Do they deliver these days?? Good point about the single bed actually, at the moment he's gone from a cot to a queen size futon, so I'm sure he won't find a single bed to big!

Thanks again everyone, it's kind of overwhelming to work out what we'll need, especially with having to restock with new baby things. No idea how we're going to afford everything but I'll panic about that when i have to! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Sod all that and move to Canada! xxx Laughing
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:13 pm

to help spread the cost a bit hun could you start ordering now and get it delivered to family x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What will I need for a new house?   What will I need for a new house? Empty

Back to top Go down

What will I need for a new house?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What will I need for a new house? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words