Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Potty Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:04 am

What are your thoughts on potty training.

Ar you determined to get your child out of nappies buy a certain age or are you happy to be relaxed about it and let them do it in their own time?
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:28 am

For me - after trying my hardest to get Lottie out of nappies before Abbie arrived, I realise now that I pushed her too hard and too early and probably caused her more upset and as a result dragged it out so the whole process took ages to sort.

With Abbie, when she is older I will try and see how she goes, but if I think she is not quite getting the hang of it I will leave her and let her do it in her own time.

Anyway - I always thought that once they are pottry trained it would be easier, but that isn't always the case. With a nappy you can change them when and wherever you want, when they are potty training you need to stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and take them to the toilet....not to mention the several changes of clothes you need to take with you incase of accidents

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:35 am

Im relaxed about it at the moment as I dont want to push her with the new changes that will be happening with the new baby.

I think I will try to get her using the potty when baby has arrived and things are settled x
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:51 am

My first was out f nappies at 18 month by her self day and night so when i my second came along i was like ooh this will be easy. Big mistake. I pushed Tom far too early and it resulted in me having to put him back in nappiestill he was about 2 1/2, Even then it was really hard.

So when my 3rd came along i decided to just be relaxed about it all and let him do it at his own pace. He was 2 1/2 and everyone was saying its about time he was potty trained. I just ignored them and them he decided he was done with nappies. He was potty trained in a couple of weeks.

Also i agree with Pepper it does get harder once they are potty trained trying to find a toilet at the drop of a hat!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:05 am

I'm going down the relaxed road at the moment and so far so good.

He's had a potty in the room/bathroom since he was 12mth, he used to play with it, throw it, put in on his head - all sorts. Its only been recently he's actually been going upto it and weeing in it (some when I ask if he wants wee-wee and some of his own accord)

I'm in no rush for him to be out of nappies at all, but he seems to be having fun anyway lol..especially when he's done a wee and he picks it up to show me Potty Training Icon_lol

He's in cloth nappies anyway so its not like we'll be saving money on nappies each week.

Apparently - Whether you start a young age and 'train' them or whether you let them do it of their own accord and when they are truely ready..you will still end up with the same result. Starting later, the whole potty training thing seems to be accomplished much quicker.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:18 am

Im going down the when shes ready route even though my family think i should be trying to do it before baby arrives. Im using the btp reuseables for both so its no biggie for me to keep washing em. Shes got a potty but never shows an interest but has taken to watching me on toilet now and when i ask if her bum needs changing she goes and getsb her nappies so shes getting the start of some understanging
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am

A few 'older ladies' told me there is no reason why kids can't be potty trained at 12 months!!!! My Mum said this is because they came from an older time when nappies used to be washed by boiling them in a huge pan thing on the stove and having kids in nappies was a reay pain!!!

If a child is ready at 12 months for potty then that is fine, but if they are nearly 3 and only just starting then that is fine too. All kids are different in every aspect and this is the same for potty training.

xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 am

i was relaxed about leo potty traning, and i will do the same thing this time...i honestly wouldnt even class it as potty traning, i literally said one day 'your going to be a big boy today and wear pants so tell mummy if you need a wee' that was it, traning over, only ever 1 accident and that was months after as he couldnt find his way out of the play area bless him. he was also completley dry through the night within 2 weeks, with no pushing it just happend, he was just over 2.5 yrs
im just hoping oliver will be as easy as he will start school at 3(about a week after his 3rd birthday)

i think if id have pushed him earlier, it would have been a long drawn out process and he would have probibly been fully trained arouind the same time anyway so probibly just saved myself a lot of stress...did have to have a word with sil and mil as they would try to make him sit on the potty till he did a wee a lot earlier, way befor he was ready Potty Training Icon_mad
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:53 am

Wil has been using the toilet/ potty since he was 5 months - just if I see him pulling poo faces we head for the toilet and if we catch a wee or a poo then it is a bonus. I work on the principle that it won't be anything new and scary if it has always been a part of his life.

He is funny now though because if I see poo faces I shout 'quick run to the toilet' and he does Very Happy

I am relaxed about actually getting him out of nappies. He will do it when he is ready.
The sooner the better though because he is a nightmare to change - hands in it, running off half way through, undoing the tapes on the nappy as fast as I do them up, pullling wipes out of the packet. Twisted Evil
He is very cute when he takes the old nappy and goes and puts it in the bin though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 am

I was getting awful stressed out about it as hannah was so quick at everything else. was expecting it to be very easy. its not!

Im starting to calm down about it. the potty is there for her she knows what its for. she has loads of nappy free time and a bit of understanding. am letting her get on with it

x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:38 am

i don't know if i will ever be able to potty train lily-ann...if at all it won't be until she's at least 8 or 9 Sad but with lewis i want to take the relaxed approach...if and when he starts showing signs then i'll just go by his signals....although once he starts weeing and pooing on the floor i'll prob be desperate to get him fully trained Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Pepper wrote:
A few 'older ladies' told me there is no reason why kids can't be potty trained at 12 months!!!! My Mum said this is because they came from an older time when nappies used to be washed by boiling them in a huge pan thing on the stove and having kids in nappies was a reay pain!!!

If a child is ready at 12 months for potty then that is fine, but if they are nearly 3 and only just starting then that is fine too. All kids are different in every aspect and this is the same for potty training.

xx

my mum insists that I was out of nappies at 11 months! Until I read this I thought she was talking utter bollocks!!

I had my other two out of nappies in the day by the age of two. I didn't force it they were just ready and it was easy. My daughter was dry at night very soon after two but my son was three and and half before he was dry at night.

I'll start ellie when I think she's ready!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Im too relaxed about this x
il start it when i think callums ready but i will get a potty so he can see it and that x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 am

relaxed. we've shown Rowan what the potty is and then left it at that.

After today he's done it all by himself. I showed him when he was bursting for a wee what to do and so far today he's continued to use the potty.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:35 am

Lol i cant even get c to sit on the potty i bought her. Im not training her but bought one to keep around for her but she seems scared of sitting on it, even the new toilet shaped one. She likes putting the lid up and down though so small steps. I had to tell my mum today i wasnt training her yot so hopefully she will stop dropping hints that i should be
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 am

ashleigh was in pants and dry at night and day at 1 years old!! jamie 2 and a half.. i dont push them i let them do it when they are ready.. amelie will b 2 in feb and she isnt no where near ready... i think ashleigh was younger and easier because hse was 1 in july ..she wore dresses and all we had to change was pants.. so she very quickly got used to lifteing dress up when needed to wee.. .. i always have said that the summer had a big fatcor in her being so young x
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:30 am

Im going to just take relaxed approach with Hannah, I have a friend whos started potty training her lo at 18months just cuz her mum had her and her bros dry by then, but her poor little girl is struggling big time and shes still pushing her, she doesnt even know what wee wee or poo is so hows she going to get her to understand??
Might be a stupid question but how do you know when they are ready?? What are the signs? Hannah has recently started telling me when she wants a poo, sometimes she does one and others not, think she kind of seems it as a game as getting me to check her nappy the crazy babe.
xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

i am not potty training alice she is no where near ready, she has no interest in the potty we have either so will just take it as it comes
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:52 am

C only asks for the potty as an excuse to take her nappy off and complete her route to nakeydom i suspect
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 am

Lilly's just starting to get the hang of weeing on her potty..so far so good
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 am

Izzy has recently started and is doing quite well for her first week

She wore knickers all afternoon today and only piddled with them on cos naughty mummy was busy and there was no potty for her in the kitchen (guess what I need to buy tomorrow...more potties!)

She HATES having a nappy on now when she is awake and it takes loads to convince her to lay down to have it put it on ...so most of the time she is awake she is nappiless and til today I had been asking regularly if she needed potty - just to remind her really..then today when I was putting things in the cupboard I heard her doing a wee and she was sat there ages doing a big tinkle in the potty!

No poos have made it into the potty yet - one ended up on the toilet floor (I was using the loo!) and another I caught with a cloth lol cos she made poo face and there was no time! She isn't bothered doing poos outside the nappy at all (in fact the opposite I think because she gets narky when she wants to poo and has a nappy on) and we put the 'poop poop' down the loo and she sees 'him' go away - she doesn't mind!

I'm just doing it as she wants...as soon as she wakes up she asks for potty which pretty much means take my nappy off, so I'll just keep reminding her every so often by saying 'potty or wee wee'

Not sure how long it will be before I dare go out or put her down for a nap with no nappy though!

First knickers lol

Potty Training Dsc02710
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

H&Js mummy, in my opinion and experience they're ready to start when they can communicate with you enough to tell you they need a wee/poo and to be able understand what you're saying to them. Also they need to be aware that they want a wee/poo many toddlers aren't aware of this for a long time so it's pointless starting.

I knew a woman who used to say all of hers were dry by 18 months but it turned out she was sitting them on the potty/loo every 10 mins so it was obvious that wees and poos would make it to the potty.

My friends little boy is 3 and half and she hasn't started as he's not aware of wees. The nursery are on her back constantly as they want to move him up to another room but won't until he's dry. My friend is dead chilled and said they're gonna have to wait.

We haven't got a potty yet as she's miles from being ready.
x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 pm

i think nursries are now allowed children in nappies in them(as in proper school nursries) oliver will only be 3yrs and 1 week when he starts nursrey so i want him to be dry by then, but i dont want to push him if he isnt ready, leo was fully dry day and night by then so fingers crossed he will be ok.

i knew a woman who trained her little one at 8 months, and was looking down on me for not traning leo when he was one,but to me it was pointless because it took nearly 18 months for her to get the hang of it Rolling Eyes whereas i waited till he was ready and it took basically 1 day x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 am

Agree totally gemz, when they're ready it's pretty simple and doesn't take long. xx

Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 am

when its ready you will know, rich took a while because he couldnt communicate well but we did it, his nursery was great with him too.

and i will do the same with this one, when they ready they ready, same with all developments really, no point pushing just makes it harder in the long run
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Potty Training _
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training   Potty Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Potty Training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Potty Training Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Potty Training Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Potty Training Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Potty Training Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Potty Training Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Potty Training Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Potty Training Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Potty Training Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potty Training Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potty Training Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Potty Training Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Potty Training Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Potty Training Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Potty Training Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Potty Training Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words