Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Baby led weaning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:20 am

Hermione much prefers to feed herself to being fed.

Does anyone have any sites with ideas on foods and how to cut and serve the food. She's just eaten broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:29 am

I don't have any sites but you can basically give her anything cut in any way. I found fingers of pineapple and melon good. Chicken works well cut into slithers. Boiled potatoes can be cut up. Baby sweetcorn works well and its already finger food size. Erm we used to give toast in slices. I used to make pizza occasionally and give him a bit although probably not until he'd been eating for a bit. Pear worked well chopped up and so did cheese. I posted on here when he was about 7 months asking what else I could give him and listing the foods. Will see if I can find it for you
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 am

http://www.babiesandall.com/t12849-what-else-can-i-give-him

There you go. This was the list of food I was giving him by 7 months. HTH
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:52 am

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:03 am

Egg works well as well. Even from early on I hard boiled them or made omlettes
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 am

Loo I'll try that. I'm making French toast for brekkie for her then banana on toast the next day.

Was stuck on things like meat, cheese and eggs. What cheese can I give her? And what meat and should it be cooked until it falls apart?
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am

The hv told me to stick with chicken to begin with as that's the easiest for them to digest but we moved fairly quickly to everything else. We cooked it until it was fairly tender but not falling apart. We just gave him cheddar. I have a feeling they're not supposed to have things like brie but could have things like red leicester. He used to love the babybels and they were useful for taking out.

I stressed about it a bit for the first 6 weeks or so but then I just started trying him with what he wanted. He tended to want a bit of whatever we were eating so had some of that. He had bits of sausage meat and things like that.

If you have fish you're probably better giving her that than fishfingers because by the time you take the outside off they just fall apart. I just don't really eat fish but do eat them so I had them.

I would just try her with anything and see how she gets on. It doesn't matter what she eats at the moment as she's still getting her goodness from milk. Mind you, haven't you been weaning for a while so she's probably better. We didn't start Jamie until he was 6 months as there's so many allergies in our family and certainly for the first few weeks he didn't really swallow anything.

I'm fairly certain the only things they can't have are certain cheeses, honey and whole nuts and only 1g of salt and you'll know all that anyway from before.
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

Thank you. She's been having home pured food since 4 months. But she's always preferred finger foods. If we eat together she likes to eat finger foods. She's been on jars this week stage two as I wante to see if she was ready for lumps and she is, so want to do the baby led weaning now.

Though she ate a fair size piece of broccoli, cauliflower and carrott oh and pasta for tea, then polished of a stage 2 jar. But I think that's cos she's not eaten much today because of her teeth (second has just come through)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 am

We use things like pasta tubes in sauce, bits of cheese, most veggies you can cut into sticks like carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, potato (also give her mash and let her dig in its hysterical), fruit like melon pear, banana etc

TBH i tend to just make awen what we are having and wang it on the highchair tray and leave her to get on with it. Lunch today she had cheese, ham and mushroom omelette then had 2 fans of watermelon and a stick of pineapple. She also likes bread dunked in soup and handed to her and if we go to a harvester etc she has a bit of anything we are having plus a bowl from the salad bar (she LOVES beetroot and slices of tomato). I started her at 5 months with BLW so by 7 months i wasnt giving seperate foods to watch for allergy anymore just normal meals. Spag bol is a good one to watch!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Yeah spag bol is fun. Casserole is too
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:37 am

we are having spag bowl tonight so i'm going to strip her down to her nappy for that.

She's just demolished a whole boiled egg (bar yolk), two browan bread crusts and some cheese
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Baby led weaning _
PostSubject: Re: Baby led weaning   Baby led weaning Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby led weaning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Baby led weaning Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Baby led weaning Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Baby led weaning Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Baby led weaning Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Baby led weaning Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Baby led weaning Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Baby led weaning Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Baby led weaning Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby led weaning Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby led weaning Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Baby led weaning Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Baby led weaning Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Baby led weaning Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Baby led weaning Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Baby led weaning Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words