Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

For all those who are holding back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

For all those who are holding back - Page 3 _
PostSubject: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:11 am

First topic message reminder :

I have a question for those who would really like to come on the Banda night out but are too scared because either:

• you think nobody will like you and you will end up on your own all night
  • you don't like the way you look and don't want people to see you
  • you don't know where you are going and think you will get lost
  • you think you won't get a roomie and can't afford a room to yourself
  • and any other reason (excuse) you have come up with
so my question is:
which is worse, the stuff I have just written or missing out on meeting a bunch of fabulous people who love you like a sister and a best friend all rolled into one? For all those who are holding back - Page 3 270211
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 am

michelle&danielle wrote:
i apparently snore badly and fart in my sleep so noone would want to share with me

as much as i so desperately want to meet you ladies so so much i am bridesmaid on that day and i think the bride would not be too happy if i blew her off Smile x

Laughing I'd share with you because then you wouldn't notice me For all those who are holding back - Page 3 251770
(although my morning ones could warn ships coming into port)

yeah the bride might be a bit pissed at you.
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 am

pmsl Gill at the UN and the headsets lol. Am also worried I'll get to the hotel, chicken out and lock myself in my room less likely if I bring oh as he will shove me out the door lol

Last edited by piglet on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:32 am

I'm going to need an interpreter, I'm sharing a room with two mad welsh women Laughing

For those that are coming and are nervous, everyone is going to be a little nervous at first, if you feel like you're on your own, come and talk to me, I'll talk to anyone lol.

It's going to be so lovely meeting so many of you. I can't wait Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:36 am

piglet wrote:
Am also worried I'll get to the hotel, chicken out and lock myself in my room less likely if I bring oh as he will shove me out the door lol

text me if you do and I will drag you out by your hair Wink
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks Gill, the gentle approach I like it lol
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:32 pm

ok ladies,
i have the best excuse of why i wont be there

even thought i really really want too and live 30 mins from brum too and hubby would drive me in and pick me up....

but my due date is the 12th may, and no matter how i look at it, if i'm early or on time i cant leave a newborn and i'm late, the last thing i want to do is have my waters break all over your pretty shoes and end up in a brummie hospital in labour..

so can i take a rain check for this one....

but i have been to meets before with a chat room i went in years ago and althoguh i was scared and newvous i had a great time, even went down to brighton on the train on my own for one, (what a night lol)
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

I would come if i were in the country! xx
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm

you will all be glad to hear that i wont be coming!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 pm

if someone can find me the money to get there I so would! lol
Everyone who is using lame reasons as stated by Gill should go!
consider yourselves lucky you live close enough to be able to! I would give anything to be able to go but really dont have that kind of money spare.
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:01 pm

bysee im a bit scared to come :-(

i had a huge
knock back a year ago.
Before that i was out had and still have+loads of friends win love me. Going back a few years ago i was the Kool it grunge girl lol. Partly cos
mum opened up a goth/grunge/punk/rock shop and i ran it. I got into places for free and what not. Then i have a baby and about half of the people don't invite you out. I got invited
to join a ghost
hunting group, which was fab. Loved it. Then to find out that every one+was two faced
and didn't like
me or half of the New people. Any way that turned nasty, so it was
a huge knock back for me and now i feel that lots of
people don't like me or that i don't fit in. I feel a little like that on
here+as i can't always
get online as much. :-(:-(:-(

i panic too much. And have anxiety issues and
i think
im just scared that no one will like me

plus i snore lol
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Happy I like you!! And I've never met you. My opinion won't change because of what you look like! I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one!
I am working on my oh and hoping to go, but I know what you mean. I feel like a bit of an odd ball and like im not liked at times! I think it's quite normal tbh.

My real life friends have f%^&ed me off as well because my priorities are my children and I don't go out and get pissed all weekend long. It's hurt me quite alot but I've gotta get on with it and make new friends!

If you have the ability you should go Hun! Overcome your insecurities for one night, you might enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:25 pm

happy wrote:
bysee im a bit scared to come :-(

i had a huge
knock back a year ago.
Before that i was out had and still have+loads of friends win love me. Going back a few years ago i was the Kool it grunge girl lol. Partly cos
mum opened up a goth/grunge/punk/rock shop and i ran it. I got into places for free and what not. Then i have a baby and about half of the people don't invite you out. I got invited
to join a ghost
hunting group, which was fab. Loved it. Then to find out that every one+was two faced
and didn't like
me or half of the New people. Any way that turned nasty, so it was
a huge knock back for me and now i feel that lots of
people don't like me or that i don't fit in. I feel a little like that on
here+as i can't always
get online as much. :-(:-(:-(

i panic too much. And have anxiety issues and
i think
im just scared that no one will like me

plus i snore lol

becci you are my pg buddy and birth buddy, you have to come i would love to meet you!!!! like mentioned befor these women are lovley hey if they can be nice to me you will be just fine Wink xx

errrrm katie, why are you not coming???
xx
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Happy - you sound like a lot of the women on here with anxiety issues. You will be perfectly fine sweet Very Happy So stick your name down, find someone to share with and we'll see you in May, yeah?! Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 pm

As Gemma said.....errrrr Katie why are you not coming?????
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Ok, I am the biggest social retard you will ever meet, I talk crap all the time but even more so when I'm nervous - to the point I've had it pointed out to me on more than one occasion Sad and I talk even more crap when I'm drunk so god help you all.

I am so shy it's actually pathetic, I am the queen of making excuses not to do something and convincing myself something bad will happen if I do. I get so nervous when I have to go anywhere new alone or meet strangers that I always end up with a dodgy tummy Embarassed

Every meet I have been to (only been to one group one and others with Laura) I have got lost on the way there some how Embarassed but I've always managed to figure it out after the initial panic attack Laughing

When I read that people have never left their LOs over night it makes me feel a bit crap coz I pack mine off to their nanna and grandads every other month for 3-4 nights at a time (they live 120 miles away so 1 night wouldn't be worth it). In fact they are going on tuesady till Saturday and I can't wait Embarassed Laughing don't get me wrong I miss then about 10 minutes after I have left them and I get lonely. However I think it does us all the world of good to get space from each other. They get a mini holiday getting spoilt rotten (the stuff childhood memories are made of IMO) and I get to catch up on housework and jobs without dragging a whinging child around on each leg. Tbh I think it is great for kids to be introduced to staying out at a young age, the older they are when it happends for the first time (and it will have to at some point) the harder it will be for all concerned.

Here is a little something to think about if you're umming and ahhing about coming (even if you have put your name down but are still unsure). I was supposed to go to the warrington meet (the kiddy one) and I ummed and ahhed over and over - I decided to bite the bullet and put my name down. I can't even describe how nervous it made me but I made myself do it. I was looking forward to it but cacking myself too. I went out and bought the kids new outfits especially for the day and ran around like a nutter on the morning getting everybody up early to take OH to work and drive back and sort the kids out etc. I then got myself in such a nervous flap that I put the kids in the car and forgot to take the car keys off Thomas - the result was that Thomas locked himself and Hannah in the car and had to stay there for 3 hours before the AA man could get them out (Hannah was only about 3 months at the time Shocked I'm sure a lot of you remember and I have never felt like more of a tit in my life - ever! Anyway I blame this on the fact that I got myself so worked up and nervous that I couldn't think straight. As it happens our lovely Laura and Dee travelled all the way down for that meet and this was my one and only chance to meet Laura and I messed it up - that is something that I will always regret Sad. So ladies - don't worry about it, don't get yourself worked up for no reason, come along and chill out and enjoy yourself. Please learn from my mistake and last weeks tradgedy - you never know what is around the corner, live life to the full, as if everyday is your last. If you are in a position to come and are simply doubting yourself then bite the bullet and do it - you wont regret it - but you might if you don't! I love you

xx
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Well said Debs!!!! I am also a talker mainly because I don't get to hold a convo with anyone but Ollie these days Laughing and don't feel bad about sending them to their grandparents! If someone was actually willing to have Ollie for me then I would let them but as it is noone will which is why he has only been away for one night of his life and that was for my bday back in august. But hey ho, I'm coming to Birmingham and OH is looking after the little man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:58 pm

well said debs...by reading a lot of ladies, me inluded have problems with anxiety...so you wont be alone!! one thing that makes me more nervous this time though is the fact i dont have my kids to hide behind Embarassed xx
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Debs

I remember that day with the kids and the car keys. I echo thr dodgy tummy bit think this is what i really worry about if i come that i spend most if the nite in the toilets. I know you are right hun about life being too short and living life to the full thibk laura's death has taught us all this.

I am also a bit worried as I think af is due that weekend so I will be a big spotty, bloated grump and just hate beibg away from home when she is here which is stupid i know lol.

I really really do want to come and hope that i might not need to worry about af if i get a bfp before then so know i really am clutching at straws excuse wise lol
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:54 am

none of the above...maybe thinking people will think i'm shy or boring...but i literally have no spare mney, so if someone pays for me...i'll be there in asplit second Very Happy For all those who are holding back - Page 3 270211
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:54 am

oh and maybe, "gosh she thinks she's something don't she!!" or "eurgh what an ugly biatch!" What a Face
Back to top Go down
xxKatxx

xxKatxx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 am

I have one thing to say now....

Live each day as if you had to live that one day everyday for the rest of your life and that wouldn't be a bad thing!!
xxxx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 am

i'm in a bit of a predicament, just realised 14th May is the date me and hubby got together (he reminded me) would it be bad to go when it's our 20th year this year even though he says it's ok?
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:51 am

hmmm tough one pinky, but because i want you to go, i say yes!! Very Happy lol
but i dunno, think of how you would feel if he did that to you? would you say it was ok then still feel upset? it's a toughie!! xx
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:56 am

Pinky

If he says go, go lol. I think men are less likely to say that it's fine but secretly mean its not and be upset than us women are if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:59 am

yeahi get you lol true, men seem to be more ok wth things...i'd say go!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For all those who are holding back   For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

For all those who are holding back

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
For all those who are holding back - Page 3 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words