Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

tantrums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 am

ugh...

ok so elijah has stepped it up a notch or two as far as tantrums go now; i dont know if its because he is poorly and teething or if he is just getting closer to two (umm not that close!)

the past few days i have really struggled to get him into his pushchair - now he sometimes arches his back/objects to going in his highchair, or if hes having a nice time doesn't want to go back in the pushchair or if i take something dangerous off him he will shout/cry/throw himself on the floor...normally taking no notice works and he recovers in minutes.

today however, i went to put him in his pushchair (3rd day this has happened) and he went absolutely mad, tears streaming, arching his back, trying to throw himself out of it from all directions, after 10 minutes i gave in and took him back indoors (we were in the porch) and it took another 10 minutes for him to calm down (normally i would ignore it and keep going but my back couldn't take it). i took him out and he was fine until i picked him up to go in the pushchair and it started again - eventually i got him in and as soon as i had done the clips up he was totally fine..

so what's going on? is he testing boundaries? does he want to walk? he loves going out so i doubt that's his objection.
what would you do? its knackering!!! i am half hoping that when he feels better it will calm down again.
Back to top Go down
Kitcat4192

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 am

I'd maybe try taking the pushchair and letting him walk and if he gets tired pop him in. Emma is two and a half and tantrums aren't too bad. She uses the word no way too much but my 18 month old is prone to a bit of stroppiness. Hopefully its only because he wants to walk. Not easy when kids are testing you xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:08 am

hes always had a bit of a temper (i blame the red hair Wink) but this was unreal...we live next to a busy road so although he is physically able to walk quite far its the pushchair or staying in - i don't want to punish him by staying in, but i don't want to give in.....and even if i did want to give in i dont know how cos i don't know what he wants Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 am

Hannah is exactly the same Hun, I find a bit of brute force or tickle them so they bend slightly and then bam!!! straps on and off we go Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:46 am

normally that does the trick but it got to a point where i thought i probably would actually hurt him so had to give in.....hes so bloody strong!!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:48 am

Izzy did this for the first time last week in the post office, she got out and then when I tried to put her back after 5 mins in the queue she went mad and was so stiff, arms and legs going everywhere..eventually go her back in, was hot and bothered!

Anyway this week at the post office I was determined not to have it happen (was a bit Embarassed ).. so she got out in the post office ( i let her get out cos we usually have to wait ages) and I explained that once we'd given the parcels over and paid she'd have to go back in the pushchair so we could go to the other shops, and that she could get out again at the park...she understood this, waited nicely while i paid and happily got back in...I did the same when we finished at the park

So maybe try explaining before you go to put him in that he needs to get in so we can go shops etc, and that he can get out and walk when we get blah blah...and hopefully he wont be so resistant...cos I know its awful and its only happened the once!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:59 am

hmm.....im not sure he's old enough to understand? we do say to him 'we will get out and have a play when we get to the park' or 'it's time to go in but we will come out again later' but i don't think he really has a concept of anything other than 'now'....or perhaps i am underestimating him
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 am

Caitlin wouldnt have understood that at Elijahs age, and even now that she would understand it wouldnt make her co-operate. Caitlin is VERY strong willed and if she decides she isnt going in pram nothing but brute force and ignoring works. I just have to struggle on and get her in it. I could stand and reason all day but it wouldnt work! Bribary is another option, with a packet of crisps or something (your healthy organix one's of course Wink ) That might not work either though as Caitlin would probably have 2 tantrums simultaneously - one for not wanting to be in pram and another for wanting the crisps regardless!

Not really being much help am I, except to tell you its normal, it may get worse and um it could last another year lol. It doesnt happen every day btw, just when she having a grumpy day.

Lisa you are so lucky Izzy can be reasoned with! Im jealous!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:26 am

ha it doesn't always work! But yeh she totally understands, and has for quite a while, 'deals', 'consequences' and 'bribes' Laughing I doubt a day goes by without me doing a deal!
With Izzy it's not whether she understands what i am offering...but whether or not she is in the mood to accept it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:30 am

ahh i can't wait til he responds to bribery!!! he was so frenzied-ly angry i don't think even chocolate buttons would have worked....ho hum tomorrow is another day maybe i need to be a bit quicker with the calpol in the morning
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:13 am

oh well today he has been an absolute delight, seems to have learned loads of words and signs secretly in between tempers but hes been great all day, so hopefully he is back to a reasonable state now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:45 am

I always find Tylers really naughty at something until i post on here about it and then he changes... so when he's being good I try not to mention it in case it works the other way round pmsl.

I think you just have to assume it's a grumpy toddler tantrum and do what you can to get him to do what you want, and be consisten. Doesn't matter what you choose to do just don't change your mind they can smell weakness Smile
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:00 am

Arwyn doesn't like going into her pram now that she can walk. I might take her to Pets at Home and get a collar and lead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

tantrums _
PostSubject: Re: tantrums   tantrums Empty

Back to top Go down

tantrums

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
tantrums Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
tantrums Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
tantrums Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
tantrums Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
tantrums Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
tantrums Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
tantrums Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
tantrums Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
tantrums Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
tantrums Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
tantrums Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
tantrums Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
tantrums Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
tantrums Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
tantrums Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words